Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Intro to Me

Documentary films are ones that I have found to be very picky about.  To be completely honest I haven't seen a lot of really good documentary films, but the ones I have seen and enjoyed, have helped me to open my mind to facts about the world.  I love documentary films that speak of nature and wild life.  Example, documentary films that educate the mind concerning the life of animals in their natural habitat like film "Chimpanzee" I find to be particularly interesting.  I love adventure and stories that have the theme that portrays a coming of age for an individual character.  In the documentary "Chimpanzee" that is exactly what is portrayed.  The story of a young chimp in the wild having to venture out on his own after losing his mother faces the unbelievable task of surviving without his mother.  It was moving when later in the film the little chimp was adopted by the alpha male of their clan.  As the film continues it illustrates the challenges that they both had with their clan of chimpanzees which is a sense a form of community.  Like in the film "Be Kind Rewind" "Chimpanzee" shows what can be accomplished through the unity of friends and family.  Also much like the Alaskan documentary we watched "Chimpanzee" shows the power of family and the importance of everyone sticking together for defense and survival.
Documentaries I will admit are not my most preferred genre of film.  However, I love documentaries that are educational and show the true adventures of individuals trying to survive the challenges of life.  I love the portrayal of an actual subject (human beings or animals etc) in reality and the challenges they face as they struggle to make way in the time they are in exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment